Connections provide a flexible way to connect and describe the relationships between any two entity records in the system.
The records in the association can be assigned particular roles that help define the purpose of the relationship.
Connections provide the following capabilities:
- An easy and flexible way to make a connection between two records of most Microsoft Dynamics CRM entity types. All customizable business and custom entities can be enabled for connections.
- An option to add useful information, such as a description of the connection and the duration.
- The ability to create connection roles that describe the relationship between two records, such as a relationship between a doctor and a patient, or a manager and an employee.
- A quick way to create multiple connections and roles for a particular record. For example, a contact may have many relationships with other contacts, accounts, or contracts. In each relationship a contact may play a different role.
- Information for building queries and creating graphs. You can search for all connections and connection roles for a particular record and create graphs and charts for visual representation of the connections.
- Support for workflows and auditing for automating and improving business processes.