· Role-based security in Microsoft Dynamics CRM focuses on grouping a set of privileges together that describe the responsibilities (or tasks that can be performed) for a user. Microsoft Dynamics CRM includes a set of predefined security roles. Each aggregates a set of user rights to make user security management easier. Also, each application deployment can define its own roles to meet the needs of different users.
· Record-based security in Microsoft Dynamics CRM focuses on access rights to specific records.
· Field-level security in Microsoft Dynamics CRM restricts access to specific high business impact fields in an entity only to specified users or teams.
How to apply Field-level security in any field:
- Enable Field Level Security option while creating the field
- Create a field security profile from Settings > Administration> Field Security Profile.
- Add the users whom you want to impose field security and apply Field Permission to select the field created
- Now the selected users will not be able to view the value assigned to that field in the entity form.